Well, I did as promised and went right out to my local hardware store. Welding rods in 36″ lengths were 10 for 2,49euro. Waaayyy cheaper than buying a 30 dollar set from a knitting store that I would then have to have shipped to me. So, Odile has been blocked and dried overnight. It is a beautiful design, but my concerns still stand. I will say that it looks better when worn than while blocking, but I can’t get you any shots of that right now. I haven’t figured out how to take good photos of myself without a tripod, which I don’t have here. These shots will have to do for now.
They don’t show the beads very well at all, but they are much more noticeable in person. Overall, I’m satisfied that I managed to keep up and produce this stole, but I have no idea what I’m going to do with it.