For so long I managed to avoid these memes, but I’ve been tagged by Nicole. The rules are:
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Well, here are my 7 things.
1. I don’t like candy. Strange, I know. I was the kid who always said “No, thank you” when offered a lollipop at the doctor’s office.
2. I am the only sibling in my family with my set of parents. I’m my mom’s first child from her first marriage, and I’ve got half-siblings and step-siblings, but there’s only one person with my exact set, me.
3. I love eating cold food. You name it, I’ll eat it cold. Pizza, of course, but also mac & cheese, chinese food, sandwiches (burgers and chicken sandwiches especially), basically anything you can cook, I’ll eat cold. Drives my mom nuts. She can’t see the appeal. But what I notice is that things have a whole new taste when they’re cold. I just can’t fully describe the appeal.
4. I’m addicted to romance novels. You know, the kind where you already know the plot after reading the back cover. I love those things. I’ve got tons of them. I read them and then sell them to the used book store (in the States, anyway). I just cannot resist a cheesy love story. My addiction started way back in middle school. I skipped right over the teen novels and went straight for the romances. I think it was partially because my library had so many of them, and it takes me about 2 hours to read one.
5. Re #4, I am a speed-reader. I’m one of those people who had the last Harry Potter novel finished in about 7 hrs. My mom is the same way, and I think I just picked up the habit from her. I definitely got my love of reading from her. I’ve already mentioned the romances, but I also read science fiction (nerd from way back), mysteries, and most recently those manly action books by Clive Cussler. I loves me some Dirk Pitt. Anyway, this habit was really useful in college and graduate school. I don’t just read, I remember everything I’ve read. I sometimes put myself to sleep by going over a book series like Lord of the Rings (one of my favorites, read in 4th grade) to myself when I’m having a bout of insomnia. It really comes in handy.
6. I absolutely cannot sing. I can’t carry a single note. This does not stop me, however, from singing to myself when I am alone.
7. I have a ridiculously large stash of scrapbooking supplies. I keep collecting, in spite of the fact that I haven’t worked on a project in months. It’s just so pretty. Ditto for fabric and craft books.
So, there you have it. 7 strange things about me. Now, I’m not sure who to tag next. I have to give this some thought and edit this post later.