Needles: 2.5mm metal DPNs
Started: Way back in October, I think
Finished: 12 April 2008
I managed to get service today, so I’m going to quickly post these finished Colinette Jitterbug socks. I have to admit, it’s really nice yarn. Very similar to STR. The problem is, I must have gotten one of the original skeins where the yardage left much to be desired. As you can see, I had to finish these off with some other stash yarn. I’ve since started a new pair of socks with said yarn (STR lightweight in Beryl). Gorgeous stuff that I hope to be able to show you a finished object of in the coming weeks. I love Socks that Rock. Good thing I have a nice stash, since I won’t be buying any until I’ve used up what I have.
It’s all good, though, since my mom really likes these. You should have seen me trying to make it work. I knew that the first sock was a little too long, so I finished the second sock as far as i could. Then I ripped back the first sock so that the lengths matched. I left the second sock on the needles and re-knit the toe decreases on the first sock until they matched the toe decreases on the second sock. After that I was taking turns, knit 2 rows here, knit 2 rows there. I should have taken a picture of the yarn confusion. I knit them both as long as I could make them with the Jitterbug, then switched to the STR. SO, this is one full skein of Jitterbug knit into a pair of socks with a 6 in leg, fit for a woman with size 7 narrow feet.
At least it kept me busy at work on Saturday. I am not in love with doing Admissions at a very slow hospital on a Saturday. The only redeeming factor is the knitting time.