1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Going to medical school at George Washington University. This was the summer between 1st and 2nd year, so that means I actually had a break (there’s no break after this one-just straight school and rotations in the different departments following). So, of course that means that I found a job. I worked as a research intern at the Food and Drug Administration’s Center for Biological Research on the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD. The lead researcher I worked for was focused on AIDS research, Dr. Carol Weiss, MD, PhD, and I loved doing my small part in her ongoing projects. I miss the research lab. I feel like I used my brain a lot more back then and I kinda miss that.
I also went to my first quilt show, and got hooked on all the beautiful fabrics. It was love at first sight. Now that has taken a backseat to knitting, but I do have some projects that are soo close to being done and I need to finish them.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
1. Go to work. Pick up my Class A uniform from the cleaners. Go swimming. Work on my SOS08 socks. Send back my Netflix movies
3. Snacks I enjoy: UTZ Ripple Cut Barbeque Potato Chips. Powdered Donuts.
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Pay off all my debts. Buy a car. Buy a spinning wheel. Buy a house. Find a good financial planner and invest the rest. After all this, I’d probably search for a job I really love. Haven’t figured out what that might be yet, but it will likely involve getting out and doing something physical every day.
5. Places I have lived:
Lanham, Maryland : Wilmington, North Carolina : Tallahassee, Florida : Groton, Conneticut : Arlington, Virginia : Heidelberg, Germany : Fort Belvoir, Virginia
6. Jobs I have had:
Yearbook photographer : Hospital Admissions clerk: Molecular biology intern (Pfizer Pharmaceuticals) : Molecular biology intern (FDA) : Disaster assistance (FEMA): Ob/Gyn Resident
( I probably never mentioned that my Dad wouldn’t let us get jobs when we were in school. One of his rules was that school was your job, and he expected results.)
Anna from Anna’s Yarn Mansion